Sofia Olivas is a sophomore in Illustration

"Western Skull," pencil

"Untitled," prismacolor pencils

BMO Patch, acrylic and cloth

"Meow Town," acrylic

"Hands and Feet Study," pencil

"Huntington Botanical Garden Poster," digital

"Slaughterhouse 5 Poster," digital

"Untitled," ink and watercolor

"Untitled," woodcut

"Food is Fuel," prismacolor pencil

"Mini Ecosystem," watercolor

"Reflections," prismacolor pencil

"Butterfly in a Sharpener," prismacolor penicl

"Untitled," acrylic

"I Am Your Spirit Guide," etching

"Book Cover," acrylic

"Devil With the Three Golden Hairs," acrylic

"Wrath," acrylic

"David's Muscles," prismacolor pencil

"David's Bones," pencil

"Elephant," pencil

"Untitled," acrylic

"Transformation of Form, 1&2," gouache

"Transformation of Form, 3&4," gouache

"Teapot," acrylic

1
"Water Bottle Headbutt Surrealist Zine," 1-11, collage and digital

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

10

11


Do you remember the instance you wanted to become an artist?
I don’t remember the particular instance, but I have always been an artist since I was little.

Why ComArts?
I like this major because I think it fits me the best, because I like to communicate with people through art and I find more freedom in what I am doing.

Professionally, what are your goal?
I want to expand my skills as much as possible. I want to find a niche, and enjoy my work, at the same time earning money!

What inspires you?
I would say, self-motivation is my biggest motivation. I want to create, expand my skills and be successful for myself.

What is your favorite project or piece of work?
Two of my favorite pieces from this school year were, “Water Bottle Head Butt,” a surrealistic zine I did last semester in Communication Studio and the second is the acrylic painting of the cowboy cats illustrating the story “The Emperor's New Clothes.” I liked the zine because it was inspired by Surrealism and I had lots of fun while I was creating it. The painting was another favorite simply because I was happy about how it came out. I mean, the cactus on the upper left and the yarn ball below it are killing me, they are so cute.

What are you currently working on?
Right now I am illustrating my own version of "Goldilocks and the Three Bears" for my Drawing and Painting class. It is a three panel, 11x14", ink and pencil illustration. Also I’m working on a 22x30" scientific illustration anatomy project on the flexion and extension of arms. That is in Prismacolor pencils.

What are you doing when you’re not creating? What other hobbies do you have?
I like truly relaxing, and enjoying time alone. I watch Netflix all the time, and I am currently trying to finish all the documentaries on Netflix. I enjoy being outside and I especially like the beach and going to parks to relax.

- Shaofeng -

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on O ZINE! It may appear soon.

Translate