Angela Wong is a Senior in Motion Graphics in the Digital Media Department.


 





Tesla
















Below are storyboards from her piece "Space Jam".
Space Jam 1 

Space Jam 2

Space Jam 3 

Space Jam 4


"Masquerade"


Masquerade

Angela Wong TV

1. What kind of projects do you enjoy working on the most?
I like working on things that challenge me to think. I especially like it when I'm faced with real world problems in an assignment and I have to figure out how to solve it with design. Either that, or super personal projects where I am free to to choose whatever style, composition, anything to express whatever I want.

2. What are you currently working on?
Right now, my main focus is just working on my thesis and my personal branding (website, portfolio, logo, etc) to prepare myself for graduation and getting hired.

3. What/Who inspires your work?
A designer that inspires me a lot is Ash Thorp. I feel like his works not only look amazing, but they are also clever and have a lot of reasoning behind it.
Music is also a really big inspiration. A lot of times I'll do projects based off of music, or try to capture my mood after listening to a certain song or the moment I felt at a concert or something.

4. What made you pursue Digital Media?
I felt that we are in a new age of technology and there seemed to be a lot of potential and promise in the digital field.

5. What do you enjoy about being in Digital?
My favorite thing about being in digital is the variety of things that digital media encompasses. I'm not really restricted to any one thing. Every program is just simply a tool to try to express something. Plus, I love my digital family. I've made lots of close friends simply by working late in the labs and we all help each other out. It's like that out in the industry too! Everyone's so clever and helpful and collaborative, I love it.

6. What has been your favorite piece to work on?
Hmm... I think my favorite is "We're Beardiful." the one with growing beards. I used to illustrate a lot and stopped illustrating as much since I've been in digital, so being able to turn my illustrations into a motion graphics piece was really fun.


7. What do you want to do after graduating?
I'm not too sure what I want to do after graduation. I think I'll probably try to jump head first into the industry and try to get my foot in. I would love to work in television or film - creating graphics for it. But also, as I said earlier, theres just so many things that digital media encompasses that I'm just going to keep my mind open and see what opportunities I'll have.

8. What advice would you give to your fellow Otis students?
Figure out what your passion is and just go for it with your all. Life is just way too short to do something you don't enjoy. If you like it, even if its tough or challenging, it'll be much more enjoyable.
And to my digital kids: Get some sleep!! I know our major is pretty known for staying up late and working hard (as are many other majors), but really, sleep is super important. You can't think or learn when you're lacking in sleep, so get your rest.



- Dylan Lowden -

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on O ZINE! It may appear soon.

Translate